Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Ladies Aid

It's Wednesday and the German Ladies Aid is meeting at my home today...
 
I want to be sure and have everything in tip-top shape,
that Mildred is such a snoop you know.
 
Only my favorite recipe for coffee cake with the freshest ingredients will do for this group.
Betty will be trying to get a look at my recipe but she isn't going to get it!
 (It's 1937...she's not likely to find it here on our blog is she?)

 
 
Quick Fruit Filled Coffee Cake
1/2 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 egg in one cup measure with enough milk to fill
1 tsp. vanilla
1 can (any kind) of fruit pie filling
 
Topping
1/2 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
 
Cream butter and sugar until soft. Add dry ingredients. Mix in egg/milk and vanilla. Pour in greased 9x13 inch pan. Cover with 1 can fruit pie filling. Top with crumb mixture topping. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. (Blueberry tastes extra good!)
----------------------------
While my coffee cake is baking we'll hold our meeting.
There's new officers to elect and fundraisers to decide upon.
 
But it's after the meeting and during lunch...


 that we get to gossip and
discuss where the best place is to get your hair done in town...
 
 
and the newest styles in hats.
 
 
 I wonder if Edith knew that the blouse she was wearing was all wrong for that skirt?


b


4 comments:

  1. Oh how YUMMY is that cake . We here love blueberry anything . I will have to give this recipe a try . Thanks for sharing it with us ! I am hungry now !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that cake sounds delicious. I do enjoy those gossipy meetings :) B

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, the folks in Ola are busy! Plenty to talk about at the meeting per say! I would have been way better off attending your meeting than on this farm cleaning out a chicken coop! Oh well, I probably would've left in a huff cause the ladies in their hats wouldn't appreciate the chicken poop on my boots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you saving some of that cake for this weekend?? If not, you can be sure you will read about it in next weeks Ola News!!!

    ReplyDelete