Wednesday, August 22, 2012

It's all about the love...

Hello
Let me introduce myself...
 I'm Barb, the older sister of Pickles and Petunias.
(I may have been putting cucumbers in jars
 before Lisa learned to walk?)
We share the same mother
and learned cooking and cleaning at an early age.
We weren't very thankful then but
appreciate everything she taught us now...
"Thanks Mom!"

Our best memories of our grandmothers and mothers
 involve the kitchen and food don't they?
We knew then what we know now...
It was the love that went into her cooking that made it so good.
Along with our extremely curly hair, Lisa and I inherited our love affair
 with our kitchens and cooking from these women.
I hope Lisa and I can invoke some good memories here for you.
We would love it if you would share some of those with us..
b

4 comments:

  1. I fast for a week before I go home to mom's famous home cooking!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea this is for me . . . I too, have learned from my mom . . . I would give anything to have her here and the first thing I would ask is, "mom, would you make pasty?". I can guarantee, no one has ever had pasty like hers . . . (Unless yousat at her table. I have her Cornish Pasty recipe which was handed down from her mom and her added touches. I have made it, but it still isn't like when she would make it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so excited at the thoughts of what I will learn here. This is going to be a great adventure following our Grandmothers. Thank you Barb and Lisa I look forward to this new blog. I had an Irish Grandma and a German Grandma so I remember the recipes that bring back the best memories. Good luck I will be back. B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to read! I need some new recipes and canning tips etc! Sounds like FUN! From one sweetie to another~~~Roxie

    ReplyDelete